TO THE PARENTS
Though school can do a lot for a child it cannot do everything. The home is the place where he/she gets hid/her first education and training in citizenship. It is the chief place where his/her character is formed and developed. School education indeed promotes the growth of personality and helps to discover and develop the qualities that are in the children. In order to secure all that is best in the education of your child, maximum co-operation between the parents and the school authorities is necessary.
The school desires to have your co-operation and close contact with the teachers of your child in order to develop an atmosphere that is conductive to better and more effective education. This Diary is one of the links which bridges the home and the school. It will be an effective medium for parents-teacher contact. We earnestly request the parents to look into this Diary everyday and see to it that the lesson and home work assigned for the next day are completed. This child should be encouraged to cultivate habitual cleanliness in all his/her work.
Special attention is given to the character formation of the boys/girls and guardians are requested to co-operate with the efforts of the school authorities.
By urging their wards to regularity and punctual attendance.
By giving sufficient time for seeing to their diligence in his home work and lessons.
By occasionally meeting the Principal/Sister-in-charge as well as the subject teachers to discuss greater progress in their children. By insisting on neatness and cleanliness in their text books, copy books, uniform and appearance.
Parents’ failure to meet the Principal/Sister-in-charge/teachers when asked for may cause their wards greater inconvenience.
N.B. – Children who are ill should not be sent to school to attend class or to take tests as the chances are that they will spoil both their health and studies. In case of illness application for leave must reach the school without delay. Once a pupil has come to school he/she will not be allowed to go home before time.
Parents are also requested
- To be a living example of the values taught and expected of their children.
- To keep the school authorities informed of any special problem, family circumstances or other relevant facts that are necessary for a proper understanding and guidance of their children.
- Not to bring/send tiffin, books/other articles etc. to their wards during school hours.
- Not to engage private tutors without consulting the Principal.
- Personal memo page should be carefully filled in by the parents at the beginning of the academic session. Change of residence / phone nos. should be notified to the school office immediately.
- Giving presents to the staff or other demonstrations of gratitude or goodwill in their honour is not allowed. Discourage your child to bring gifts for his/her classmates.
- Any communication (request or complaint) made by the parents must be addressed to the Principal/Sister-in-charge and not to the class teachers.
- Parents are particularly expected to sign the Principal’s or teacher’s remarks failure to do this may put their children to great inconvenience.
- Kindly see that the child attends the school in proper prescribe uniforms.
- Be patient with your children and encourage them.
- Parents are requested not to ask for leave for their wards to attend weddings and other social and religious functions during the term.
- Guardians or escorts will not accompany the students right up to the class room.
- Students must bring with them all the articles needed for the day. Guardians should not insist in the office/gate to forward articles/tiffin to the students during class hours.
- Parents and guardians are requested to specially note the following :
They are requested to co-operate with the school at all times. If they have any problem, they are requested to meet the Principal/Sister-in-Charge individually to sort the problem for the good of their children.
However it is not expected of our school parents/guardians of the following:
a) Indulge in any propaganda that tarnishes the image and good name of the school and the staff.
b) Alert the media and forcefully enter Catholic Ashram premises and the school campus.
c) Signature campaign and distribution of leaflets and handbills.
d) Congregating in front of the Catholic Ashram without permission for prolonged meetings against the school.
e) Any such behavior or action which is intended to hurt or mar the good image and reputation of the Management, administration, teachers and students of the school will lead to the removal of the child from the school.
- Private tuitions are discouraged. No teacher of St. Xavier’s School, Purulia is allowed to take tuitions for the students of this school.
- Children should do their homework, projects, charts etc. by themselves. Parents or their tutors should not do it for them. It is important that the children develop a habit of studying and working on their own.
- Criticism of teachers and the school authorities in front of their children by the parents should be avoided. Should they have any legitimate complaint, meet the Principal/Sister-in-charge according to the office time.